Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Birds Of A Feather

Well after much thought I figured I'd post this little tag I made (originally a tag for the company I'm working for but it definitely wasn't something that matched their style). I changed the writing so it was something that interested me more (i have a fascination with birds and feathers). I know what some of you might think... birds are so out of style but you know... I don't really care... how else would things come back in style if someone didn't decide to bring them back. Anyways, this design was inspired by my lately frequent trips to the fashion district in Los Angeles. I've accumulated so much fabric and odd buttons I'm not sure what to do with it all... but I know I'd never throw it out (it may come in handy some day). My style has changed a bit since I graduated college, I seem to gravitate more to the hand done elements then I do to the stark vector shapes (well at least sometimes you never know what style I'll get into next). As i can remember... one of my professors told me the further along in design we go the more our styles will return to the hand done and that will distinguish the artistic designers from the technical designers... I wonder if that's true. Well there you have it folks... today's design and ramblings by yours truly.

1 comment:

mye mye said...

oo nice tag! i like your type on this. hey welcome back! Too bad ive been kinda lazy to keep up with my blog. but yea i didnt stay at urban it was just like a temporary thing. bleh :/ are u still at that company in norco?