Thursday, October 30, 2008

Font Friday (Thursday)

Well as some of you may know my birthday is on Halloween which happens to be on Friday. Since I most likely won't be at my computer tomorrow (woot woot raise the roof... lol some of you kiddies might not remember that one) I decided I'd update tonight. Well today I call this Font Friday. Lately I've really been enjoying the look of serif fonts and my favorite so far is Inflex Mt Bold. I was introduced to this lil beauty by my boss when we were looking at the new Rock & Republic site and I wondered what font they used for their typography. I decided I'd share it with all of you. Although this font isn't new I think it's one of those fonts you just kind of forget about since serif fonts tend to have a very old stuffy feel. I like to think of serifs as those old friends with a lot of character. Serif fonts can work beautifully with San-Serifs giving your work a bit of a retro modern look, or use a beautiful script font to get a very elegant look. I love the look of bold fonts and this is just another one you can use instead of just sticking to the basic bold Helvetica. I say give it a try, it may not be your cup of tea but it sure is mine.

No comments: